Thursday, January 22, 2009

An atypical Thursday for this semester

It was tough to get up this morning. Even after 2 phone calls, and the alarm going off three times, I still could not wake up and kept falling back into REM sleep. We left a tad late and then got behind a slow moving logger truck on the winding section past the bridge, so being on time to class went from possible to impossible. Then I got to my Business Law class just in time to have them go over the answers to the quiz they just finished taking (meaning I got a big zero on it).

I went to the library to organize my research for my contemporary issues presentation before my partner arrived. He had not done any research at all, so I showed him what I had. We divided up the remaining research - he will research arguments for and against the policy, and I will research the legal aspects of the issue. My partner doesn't even know anything about how various contraceptive devices and methods work. sigh!

Then I grabbed my bag of crocheting and went to Stephanie's class with professor Card. I enjoyed his lecture and found myself frequently nodding my head in agreement. His lecture was about truth in fiction and how fiction authors are able to make assertions in their stories that are non-refutable. Statements about what characters are thinking, and about customs and rules of their make-believe world cannot be argued to be false by the reader, because what the author says, goes.

Then I drove home and worked on menus for the next two weeks. I visited awhile with Richelle McDaniel, and then it was time for dinner. We had stroganoff. Then I took David to dispose of the recycling, and we picked up some groceries at Kroger and came home and made brownies for dessert. They are just coming out of the oven, so I have got to get me some warm brownies and ice cream. So it looks like my day that did not start off very well, will end on a high note.

No comments:

Post a Comment